Thursday, April 26, 2007

a little of this, a little of that

So, I haven't posted in a looong time, but I think I have a pretty good excuse. I just haven't felt like it, and when you're pregnant, you can use this excuse to get out of doing many things. I'm not sure exactly why I even feel a responsibility to keep blogging...who's reading anyway? But here I am, feeling responsible.

Do I have special things to say? Not much. I heard the most beautiful music the other day in the car. I'm not kidding you; it made me tear up. "The Prayer of St. Greogry," Alan Hovhaness, on the album Celestial Gate. Really, it's very lovely.

Been reading a little gem by Frederick Buechner called The Storm. I've never read him before now and always meant to. I'm glad I am.

Been learning...It is much better to be amused than be angry.

This makes life so much smoother.

I mean husbands are funny creatures,
stretch marks are funny reminders,
friends who bashfully put their foot in their mouth are even funnier (and flexible),
and piping hot weasels on sticks that are perched atop our printer are just plain hilarious.

Why?
I ask the gods. Why am I looking at weasels on sticks? They just laugh in response, so I must laugh as well.

Yes, much better to laugh than to sweat the small stuff. Or the big stuff even. Phil borrowed a good post about this on April 22, which I will in turn borrow and tell you to check it out!

Hm, do I have much more to spew? Not for tonight. So, I bid you adieu.







Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home