Wednesday, February 14, 2007

V-Day

It's a little strange to be celebrating Valentine's Day as a pregnant woman. I am in a completely different frame of mind now, than when celebrating as a newlywed a year ago. But I'm glad. I actually feel a lot more, TONS more, in love with my husband this year than I did then. He's been so patient and helpful as we navigate my crazy emotional waters. Hurrah for supportive and loving husbands!

Found the sweetest bassinet on Craig's list. Craig's list is awesome. It was so cheap and looks barely used.


I was in Target yesterday and saw so many women scrambling for last minute goodies for their kids to take to class (at least, I'm assuming they weren't buying the Ninja Turtle Valentines for their husbands. Actually, I'm surprised I didn't see more men in there buying last minute chocolate hearts. Well, maybe that's today). It is truly amazing how hoildays sucker us in to buy, buy, buy... And even though feeding the corporate giants isn't my idea of a true celebration, I still don't mind the fact that almost every month they've created a holiday for me. I love an excuse to reflect, to appreciate, to love, to throw a party...Would we come up with reasons to come together with family and friends if we didn't have the excuse? It may be a strange source to credit for community gathering, but I am thankful in a small way to Hallmark and their friends' gimmicks.

Labels: , ,

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bassinet is so sweet!!

Any luck with names?

6:32 AM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

Hey Doris! Good to hear from you! How are you doing?

We're pretty settled on Jubilee as a first name. Don't know about the middle.

How about you? Are you having a boy or a girl (or do you know)?

8:00 AM  
Blogger NightComesOn said...

I read the line about the bassinet from craigslist and just couldn't stop thinking about Hemingway's six-word short story. It made me a little sad.

6:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jubilee is sweet!

I'm doing pretty good! We're having a boy! (whew! love girls, but not sure I could handle another one!)

We have officially entered the battle of the names. ugh

Have you been feeling good? 2nd trimester is usually the best...usually.

7:16 PM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

Aw Phil! Don't make me weepy...I get that way easy enough without thoughts like that.

Yeah, Doris, I feel pretty good, although I am about to enter the 3rd trimester...we'll see how long these feelings hold up :) Hope you've been well too!

7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home