Thursday, January 04, 2007

after the holidays

Hubby and I went home to Atlanta for the holidays for about 2 weeks. Got to see a lot of friends and spent a decent amount of time with our families. It was great, but as our time has drawn to a close, and I feel exhaustion creeping up on me, I just want to get back to my own apartment, my own space, and my own time.

I gave up making New Year's resolutions a long time ago, but this year, I figure having a child is (and has) going to make me change anyway, so I might as well plot some out.

Speak up more
Quit sweatin' the small stuff (and even the not-so-small stuff)
Get more fresh air
Unpack all boxes and get as organized as possible before baby arrives
Feel free to do what I want

I know that last one probably sounds odd, but if you knew how much I repressed myself, you might tell me to do the same. Being "free-er" is a good goal I think.

I'm being pampered at a good friend's family's home tonight. His mom made me lamb chops, mashed potatoes and gravy, broccoli and cauliflower, and rolls for dinner, and all day I had the treat of being the biggest couch potato in the world. I feel like I have three mamas: my mom, mother-in-law, and Greenville mom. How vury nice.

On a less self-involved note, I think Jenny had a good post on the 4th about Saddam's execution.
I realized how much I didn't know about what was going on in the world when we picked up a recent Time magazine, and I glanced through it. I kept better in touch with everything when I was in college. So, that's another needed change:

Read/watch the news more often, keep up with current events

Did anybody else make resolutions this year? Does anybody else have any more baby names? Does anybody wanna give me a shout out? (because if I didn't get to see you over the holidays, I probably missed you)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home