Tuesday, May 02, 2006

all kinds of things

I keep hearing strange noises all over the house, but I am home alone for a few days. And I am paranoid. I have a habit of psyching myself out. So, if you're in my neck of the woods, you might be getting a visit from me...

I'm loving Pandora, even if my music station entitled "Girl Power" has been playing men all day. Check it out.

I just read an article in Creative Loafing about Atlanta being a hotspot for child prostitution. Honestly, I wish I hadn't read it. I know it's good to be informed and raise awareness, but I only feel angry and helpless and hopeless when I see evidence of such evil in the world. And not just the "world" in a vague, "out-there" kind of way, the world, as in my backyard. I ask why, knowing I won't get an answer. Maybe that's the wrong question anyway.

I want to know why the love of Christ can become so stale and impotent within us.

I want to know why the world isn't being changed by the passionate force that is his love.

Oh, I know there are little, and not so little, ways his love is working everywhere. There are people (like the Open Door) who are making a radical difference in the lives of those suffering in their neighborhoods.

But I have this image in my head of a little girl whose life is in ruins because she was kidnapped, or ran away, and picked up by a pimp. Thinking about just that one child is enough to tear my heart apart.

I want love to do more, be more, I don't know...have more of a presence in my life, the lives of those around me, the life of the world.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What you said about the evil being out there...even in your own back yard resonates with me deeply.

I,however, sense it much closer than my backyard.

I believe the passionate Love within me that should be changing the world is so often choked out by the evil that dwells in my own heart, the very same evil that is in my backyard.

It's an evil that says,"God will handle it, not me".

It's an evil that says, "I Love the Lord, but won't lift a finger for my neighbor"

I think you also sense this.

Stale love is no love at all.

This turmoil and deep concern for mankind is indeed a result of a passionate Love at work within you...a Love which has, on every spiritual level, cast down every evil force imaginable.

Because of this, He will make Himself manifest through you and through His people.

If you are hurting for others, this means that Love is working in you.

How I wish, sometimes, that to love meant only to experience great joy or great peace...or a happy feeling for someone....

but much of the time, love hurts.


(I sound so preachy/teachy sometimes!!!!! MANY apologies!!!!)

12:08 PM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

Please don't apologize! I really appreciate your comments. Love, real love, is such a tough thing, and it's nice to know I'm not alone in wrestling with it.

1:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home