Thursday, March 09, 2006

Dumps

Isn't it a marvelous coincidence that you can be in just the right place, at just the right time for a bird to take a dump on your windshield? Ah, the wonders of nature.

But seriously, why do "emotional dumps" seem to happen all at once? And right when you don't have any windshield wiper fluid to take care of them?

Mike and I had dinner last night with someone close to me who I haven't seen in a very long time, and it was difficult. To top that off, we'd been quarreling (I like that word better because it sounds less like fighting and more like hunting small birds, which could be fun) for most of the day beforehand. I'm afraid that it's easiest for me to bottle my emotions up instead of dealing with them and finding the Lord in them. So, right now is a particuarly tough time for us.

On a brighter note, here are some pictures from our wedding taken by Emily Davis, friend of olde. Just click on the Mike&Jasmin link and you're in!

If you have any useful ways of handling the dumps, lay 'em on me.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Know that they are a apart of His work.

Can you be grateful for the dumps?

5:25 AM  
Blogger NightComesOn said...

...use it to cultivate equanimity and patience in other areas of your life, and be reminded that no person can ever be the base of your happiness?

11:59 AM  
Blogger NightComesOn said...

On a side note, I never realized until now that the times on blogspot were in the Pacific time zone...

12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home