Sunday, April 30, 2006

just some thoughts

Sorry to subject you to poetry that would probably be best kept for my private journal...just some scribblings that help me sort through my thoughts, which lately, have been very mundane, and looked something like this:

I have a whole day before me...I could work on my novel

Eww, but there's laundry piling up to my waistline. I'm short, but that's still too high for the laundry basket.

Okay, I could work on my novel now

I guess I have to accept the fact that my husband's side of the bed might always be littered with papers, books, some dirty socks, and/or an empty cup or two.

Well, do I even have that much to say?

It's time for lunch.

Lord, you're here for this, right?

Gotta clean up the kitchen.

I wonder if I should be studying for the GRE I need to actually work on applying to the grad schools I'm interested in

Dropping ten pounds when I love ice cream and carbohydrates is next to impossible.

I hate PMS.

Dang it, I'm being such a...a...WOMAN.

Okay, here's a blank page. Start writing, one-two-three...go!

Lord?

Those hairs on the bathroom sink won't clean themselves up
.

Dinnertime soon.

Aw...he offered to help do the dishes.

Maybe we'll get to bed early tonight... :)

Some of my classmates already have their Master's degrees. I've been out of school for two years now.


Lord, am I wasting my time, my talents--your gifts to me?

I like cooking a meal my husband enjoys.

Another day is almost over.

I appreciate that sunset Lord.

Thanks.















3 Comments:

Blogger Darius said...

If it helps any, most of my classmates had also been out of school at least a couple years when I was in my MA program. Seemed like very few people went straight from an undergraduate to a graduate program.

7:19 AM  
Blogger NightComesOn said...

Indeed! I still wish I had waited, and I'm almost done with my course of study. :-)

2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a mild case of monkey mind.

Collect yourself.

Breath His love.

Your world will be clear.

11:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home