Monday, January 24, 2005

Loving

I've been reading "Searching for God Knows What" by Donald Miller, and I have to admit that it's been something of a lifesaver. Here's a quote I really like...Miller has been talking about parable of the good Samaritan...

"Jesus was not afraid of...revealing the worth of those considered worthless. The modern-day equivalent might be to tell a story to a group of conservative evangelicals about a pluralist, liberal, homosexual who heroically stops to help a stranded traveler after a preacher, a Republican, and a Christian writer have passed him by (135)."

I often wonder what of worth, what of beauty, what of God I am overlooking because I don't dig deep enough past my prejudices and preconceived notions. Am I a really a loving person, the way Jesus was a loving person? I want to be, but I then I realize, if I can push myself out of the way long enough to let Jesus get through, His love is the love that will rush out to others. That's the crux of the matter though--how do I get out of the way? How do I push past fears, doubts, insecurities, and allow Him to just be?



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home