Tuesday, July 25, 2006

sorry if i'm boring you but...



I just got several new books, and I feel like a kid with a new bike. So besides finishing up Mountains Beyond Mountains, this is what I'll be diving into for awhile:

A Circle of Quiet is the first in a series of memoirs by Madeleine L'Engle. I read A Wrinkle in Time when I was a kid and never really thought much about reading her again until Walking on Water, a beautiful book on faith and art. The title of this one is what allured me...


I picked up Cellophane to review for the Sonora Review. It seems very promising, and I'm excited to broaden my horizons of Latin American reading beyond Gabriel Garcia Marquez.


The Unthinkable Thoughts of Jacob Green sounded fun. This may seem weird, but I'm a sucker for those boys coming-of-age tales. I'd never heard of Joshua Braff, Zach Braff's (of "Scrubs" and "Garden State" fame) brother, until now, so we'll see if he can write.

And last but not least...Talk Talk is by one of my favorite authors, T.C. Boyle. He is usually so bizarre and quirky--I can't wait to read this one.

So, besides also pouring through Tom Wright's (or N.T., whatever you feel like calling him I suppose) "Everyone" New Testament commentaries, I think that's all on the reading list for now. You never know what might pop up though.

Yay for me and my nose in a book!

Anybody out there reading some good stuff?!

2 Comments:

Blogger NightComesOn said...

Speaking of, I have a book of yours in my car still. Don't let me forget it next I see you...

8:19 PM  
Blogger Suzanna said...

Hi Jasmine,
I met you at Soliton.
I am a huge fan of Ms L'Engle, read everything she wrote. Her Crosswich Journals are the best. She is ahead of her time.
She also wrote some commentative books on the Old Testament. She's very comfortable with questions.
Enjoy September!

4:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home