Saturday, July 22, 2006

bellydancing=good for the soul

So I heard Rob Bell (of Velvet Elvis fame) speak in Atlanta several nights ago, and I thought he was great. One of my favorite things he reminded me of was that God is a pleasure seeker. He encouraged us to take time off for a true sabbath, true rest where we live in the present moment and do things that we enjoy. Things good for the soul.

Bellydancing in a Greek restaurant on a tabletop is good for the soul.

(and no, I was not "under the influence" while said bellydancing occurred...it was Bethany's bachelorette party, and that sort of thing was highly encouraged at this place)

3 Comments:

Blogger kelly said...

love what you said about dancing on the tables. beautiful. i think there's another book you may like since you like Bell. it's called Jesus in the Margins by Rick McKinley.
looks like you are recently married. blessings in that venture.

10:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can assure you that God does not take pleasure in bellydancing. It's not something that one who claims to be a Christian should be watching. It's a sensual, sexual dance - nothing else.

8:00 PM  
Blogger Jasmin said...

Well, if there's anything I can claim assurance in it's this--God takes pleasure in me.

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home