Tuesday, December 07, 2004

Fuzzy Outlines

I wear contacts. I think I'm pretty much blind without them. So, in the morning, before my fingers begin their sleep-laden scramble for my glasses, I can't see much but the fuzzy outlines of my surroundings. This particular morning, I woke up facing my window. It's been so long since I've actually taken the time to watch the sunrise, and even though work at Starbucks was calling, I laid in bed an extra few minutes to watch the rose-pink slashes of light fade into a light blue sky. Quiet moments like that keep me. Keep me sane, keep me healthy, keep me aware. The rest of my waking life may be chaotic, I may be angry at God, questioning the "meaning of it all," and whatnot, but in that small moment, I was able to whisper a simple thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home