Wednesday, December 01, 2004

Old Sheets and Window Seats

Well, I've succumbed to peer pressure and finally decided to set up my own blog. Everybody's doing it these days, right? If I have a blog as an excuse to get in front of the computer screen (which I hate doing), I may find myself writing more, which, for a writer, is always a good thing. So here I go, for better or for worse...

When I was a little girl, I dreamed about living in a house with these huge bay windows with window seats where I could curl up and let the sun's rays warm me while I read or daydreamed. I think every kid wants their own "secret" place--C'mon, who didn't force their parents into creating makeshifts tents with the dining room chairs and some old sheets? There was just something magical about having your own space in an adult world that didn't really belong to you. Anyway, I didn't ever have a window seat , but it's kind of fun to create this space, even if it's virtual and I have to sit at the computer to do it.

That's all for now. My little sister will kill me if I don't watch the newest episode of "Smallville" with her soon. So it's off to the dramatic teenage exploits of young Clark Kent and friends. Thrilling stuff.



2 Comments:

Blogger Mike Morrell said...

Yay! A 'blog for you, darling! I'm so proud to be the first to comment on it. I love you.

8:42 PM  
Blogger NightComesOn said...

WHOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! Peer pressure ROCKS!

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home